Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It has come to my attention that people aren't really as aware to their surroundings as they imagine they are. I have been walked into, stumbled over, and unintentionally ignored quite a bit. I have been known to repeat the same question to a person several times before they realized that I am talking to them. Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence. I have literally had days where my voice goes hoarse just from repeating myself over and over.
Now my voice is not exactly the loudest in the universe, but it is no mouse squeak either. Even if I speak up, it doesn't always work. Or they just think I am yelling at them when I am not. Most of the time, people have this surprised look on their face and ask if I was speaking to them and then apologize. Happens all the time. But occasionally someone will have been deliberately ignoring me and will be offended when I persist. Of course these people come into the store with a chip on their shoulder, so I know it is not my fault. I usually ignore them, because they obviously do not need any assistance.
Anyway, that was my thought of the day. By the way, the Book of the Month for May is Scourge of God by William Dietrich. It is a novel about the Roman Empire and Attila the Hun.

No comments: