Friday, January 12, 2007

Old fart

By the time you read this, I will have turned 26. And let me tell you, it's not pretty this side of 25. My thirties are fast approaching and even before that, I have my first high school reunion to look forward to. I (obviously) still have time before both events and in that time I am (still) planning on not only writing, but publishing my first book. I just wish I knew what it was about.

You see, the delema I currently have is that I have, oh, thirty great starts and that's about it. When it comes to commit in the writing department, I'm what you call lacking. So what I will probably wind up doing is writing a book of short stories. Those seem to be popular right now. Or I could do a poetry one, but I don't have enough poetry. I know, details, details.

Anyway, I just thought I would pass that onto you, my Dear Readers. Feel free to comment if you wish. Just remember what Thumper said.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Thumper said "Green leaves will give you LONG ears and great big feet!" Right, thats what Thumper said. Isn't that what you were talking about? Hehe. Oh dear friend, getting older is not something we should fear, but embrace and enjoy. We have waited our whole lives for this: to experience life! As a child, you really don't get to experience much because your parents are always making decisions for you. Now, we get to make decisions, choices. There is all the happiness in the world out there waiting for us to come find it. And usually we travel far and wide only to find out it was in ourselves to begin with. Let's make a pact. To get out of our own way.

Karen said...

Jeremy, you are NOT an old fart. I should kick your arse for even thinking that.

Signed,

Your Aunt, the OLDER fart.