Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I have been racking my brain, trying to best describe 2007. It wasn't a bad year, because there were times this year that I was the happiest I have ever been. It wasn't a good year, either. I guess the best way to describe it would be that 2007 was a difficult year. I would even goes as far as to say that it came in like a lamb and it will most likely end like a lion.

So, instead of talking about the year that is quickly coming to a close, I am going to take this time to make my New Year's Resolutions.

First off, while I drink plenty of water, I still don't get my full eight cups of water. So, for the 366 days that make up 2008, I am going to consume three full venti sized cups of water. Each venti size is 24 ounces, or three cups.

Second, I am going to actively look for a steady job and have one. One that will actually pay me for what I'm worth and have a stable enough to where I'm not feast or famine. One that I could turn into a career and would want to.

Third, I am going to be a lot more tidier. Right now, time is stretched thin, and it's bugging me that I don't have as much time to clean as I need. Also, I'm going to manage my time better, so I'm not just spending my entire days off cleaning.

And finally the fourth one. For my fourth resolution, I am going to take life one day at a time. One hard lesson this year has taught me well is just how quickly life can change from one day to the next. I know not what tomorrow will bring, but I shall worry about it tomorrow. For today, I need to deal with today.

Since we're still on the topic of New Year's, I would like to add just one more thing. I work both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Luckily, I get off in plenty of time to actually enjoy the night and I don't work until the following afternoon. So far, I have no plans.

1 comment:

Karen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope it was a good one.