Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No, I'm not married. Thanks for calling.

I got home tonight, and as I do every night, I asked my grandfather if I had any phone calls. I ask him this because not everyone has my cell phone number, and others would rather call me at home to save me minutes on my cell.

Anyway, so he says "yes"; and then proceeds to tell me that a woman called to see if I was married. I kid you not. Just to make sure I heard him right, I asked him to repeat himself. He did.

He said that a woman asked if I was there and he informed her that I was at work (which I was). She then asked him if I was married. She didn't give her name or anything, so I haven't the foggiest clue who it was.

Now, this doesn't sound like a question that a telemarketer would ask. At least no telemarketers that I have talked to, anyway. And everyone who knows me knows that I don't even have a girlfriend. So, ever since then, this question has puzzled me: who called? And of all the questions to ask, why that one?

Now, mind you, I have nothing against marriage. I hope to be married someday and have a family of my own. It's something that I look forward to in life. But still...

Anyway, I just thought I would share that with you. If you happen to have any sort of a theory as to who might have called, I would love to hear it. I had a good New Year's, which I spent in Seattle after work. I ran into a couple old friends who I literally haven't seen in years. And a quick note, my 27th birthday is this coming Sunday.

Take care, dear readers, and I hope to post again soon.

No comments: