Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Odds and ends

So, first off, I would like to announce that I have a new cell phone. I lost my old one about two months ago, and I was in the position Monday to get a new one. Not only is it a new phone, but a new service as well. I used to be a Cingular customer, but since the majority of the people I call are on the Sprint network, I decided to make the switch. It's a camera phone-something I've never had before. And I plan on joining Twitter, because, well, now I can.

Second, work is keeping me crazy busy. For the month of October, I have had a grand total of one day off a week (hence how I can afford a new phone) and I was informed a few days ago to expect more hours in November and December; what with the upcoming holiday season and the strong possibility that one of my coworkers will be quitting. So, if you are looking for a place that will be hiring, we definitely have an opening.

Health wise, well, could be better, could be worse. Last week, for most of the week, I had a massive kidney attack a day-not fun. It's since calmed down, and I deduced that it was just due to the fact that I hadn't been drinking a lot of water around that time. Something that I have begun to do again. I got over the cold quickly thanks to plenty of Airborne and sleep. And speaking of sleep, with my crazy schedule, I haven't had any insomnia problems at all.

I've been writing more. You may have read the poem I posted on here and I've been writing short stories for a big writer's competition put out by Writer's Digest. I decided to acrew at least a dozen of them before I begin submitting them.

My sister may or may not be flying out for Thanksgiving again this year. The deciding factors are the price of tickets (now that she has to pay for a seat for the munchkin) and whether or not her husband has any different plans. I only found out about that today, so when I know more, I will let you know.

Anyway, I think that's it for now. I hope to post again soon.

Take care,
Jeremy

No comments: