Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Elusive Sandman

As you can tell from the time of this post, sleep is once again evading me. I just finished emailing Jenna, a friend of mine in Tennessee and I realized that even after the long day that I had, I"m not the least bit tired.

Speaking of which, all things considered, I had a very good Friday the 13th. I was very successful in my endeavours and I accomplished much. The day was gorgeous, albeit humid, and I spent much of it outdoors. It even started off with some rain, which this region has been needing. Today was a good day.

Anyway, back on topic. It's not that I don't know the cause of this. It's just that everyone is sick and tired of me talking about it. Which leaves me with no outlet to vent, and thus I internalize it and lose sleep over it. The more I internalize, the less sleep I get.

There is good news, though. I had the best sleep in probably years when I went on my vacation. I focused on my needs and the needs of the munchkin and I slept like the proverbial baby. Not a real baby, who wakes up screaming every couple hours, but the proverbial baby. That, and the mattress I was sleeping on was one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept on.

Anyway, I better go now. I'm starting to feel drowsy and I want to take full advantage of it. Sleep well, if you can, and take care of yourselves out there.

No comments: