Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh, how charming

So, here I am, reading Ms. Karen's latest blog, and all of the sudden, the right lens of my glasses fell out and the wire that held them there snapped. Unprovoked. Good times, let me tell you.

Now, of course, it's not like I can run to the nearest grocer and pick up a new pair. These aren't reading glasses, they're prescription lenses so I can see far away. Translation, I'm blind without them. And it's not like you can just pop them back in, I need a new frame. Which, now that I think about it, it's a mixed blessing. Why? Well, lets just say that it's been a while since I've had my prescription checked. And I know for a fact that my eyes have changed since then.

Long story short, I'm temporarily very nearsighted. I'm not sure when my health insurance kicks in (if it hasn't already), but when it does, it's time for some new glasses. Anyway, I'll talk to you later.

No comments: