Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"-John 15:13

I would like to dedicate this post to the men and women in the armed services. Whether they are in the mud and sand of Iraq or still in boot camp hardening themselves for battle; their sacrifice is why we are still free today. While we may go to the parades and the sales at the malls; they are out there living the struggle. They eat and breathe and die on foreign soil so that we here are free.

My Dad was in the Navy during the Vietnam War. Although he was stationed in Hawaii, he still had to deal with the war. He was on the crash crew and had to deal with some very hairy situations. I have a lot of family members who were in the military and for a while I was seriously thinking about joining. I still haven't given up the notion completely.

This is Veteran's Day. A day set aside so we may honor those who have served our country. We have this day to honor those who give their all. Who live each day with literal blood, sweat, and tears. Throughout my years of working with the public, I have met people with true stories of amazing courage. The stuff that would be a guaranteed box office hit. And all they say is that they were just doing their job.

So I have a request for you, dear readers. If you know a vet, thank a vet. Just this simple gesture is enough to brighten their day, maybe even their week. They may not immediately show how happy it makes them feel, but it does.

Anyways, that's all for me right now, dear readers. Take care and safe journeys.

No comments: