Monday, November 05, 2007

The waves are calmer

Today, my best friend and I took a walk down on the waterfront. It has been a couple months since I've seen her and it felt really good to spend some time with her. We had stopped and were watching the waves. She asked me what I was thinking and I told her "life".

For me, life has been a lot like the open water on the ocean. Rather calm and serene, a few waves to make it interesting. But since my Dad passed away, life has been more like the choppy waters that we saw today. Full of uncertainty and complications that have been making it hard for me to keep my head above water. Do I blame him or his passing? No! It's just how my life has been, that's all. It had to happen sometime.

2007 will definitely be a year that I will remember. I have endured quite a few storms this year that have caused the waves to rise up and come down hard on me. The most blatant example is that I lost my job of six years because the company went belly up. Yes, I have moved on to another job. This other job has provided even more chaos in my life and I struggle with it daily. Not just the physical demands that I go through on a daily basis, but the psychological ones as well. I literally have no clue when I start my work day whether it will be a good day or not.

How is it that I have kept my chin up, despite it all? Easy. I have a very close set of friends and family who are looking out for me including my best friend who cares about me and wants the best for me. She calms my storms and quiets my seas. I can have the worst day and all it takes is to talk to her and spend time with her and all is right with the world. I am most at rest when you are in my life.

Today will go down in my highlights for the year. All because of you.

No comments: