Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Certainty? In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes. -Benjamin Franklin

So I hate the tax season. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting money back from the government every year. But, come on now, are they trying to make it is as confusing as possible? I swear, every year, it seems to get more and more puzzling and nonsensical.

Have you looked at the tax booklet this year? I'm looking at it right now and I'm getting the headache back. All I'm even doing is looking at it and already all the tension is back. There's at least five major forms that you have to fill out, and if you don't know which one that you are supposed to fill out, there is even more confusion. I spent most of last week trying to hunt down a missing W-2 and then trying to figure out which form I have to fill out now that I am a college student with college loans. Oy vey!

Can't there be an easier way? It's all I'm asking.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I suppose this would be a bad time to mention that it is Lord of the Manor's favorite time of year? He loves piling all the paperwork around his chair, gently cradling the calculator in his lap, and running the numbers.

It is strange, but satisfying.

Writer-Savant said...

To each his own, I guess.