Friday, April 06, 2007

I guess it's kind of fitting the fact that I'm posting a blog on life on Good Friday. I've been thinking about the subject a lot lately. Life can be very confusing at times, and this is definitely one of those times. It's not a roller coaster for me at the moment, but it is more of a struggle.

This probably is making zero sense at the moment and I don't blame you. I haven't been thinking too clearly lately (ask anyone) and I'm not sure if that will change in the near future. I have a full plate and daily it seems to gather more onto it. Life is becoming an overabundance of confusion-both good and bad. I literally wonder each morning when I wake up whether or not if it is going to be a good day or not.

I assure you that the only drug I am taking is caffeine and even that I'm not having as much as I usually do. No, the thing that is driving my life nuts is, well, life. Each day has the greatest potential to be the best day I've lived on this planet and very much the opposite as well. I am very much in love with someone who isn't too fond of my existence. Unrequited love is, I guess, the best way to describe it. And it's making my life a living yo-yo. Which is why I am so turbulent at the moment. Not hostile, mind you, just turbulent.

Anyway, back on the subject of life, I have come to the realization that it all boils down to how you treat your fellow human being. Those who live their life always on the attack are wasting what precious time they have here; and those who spend it showing kindness are spending it wisely. This actually is in reference to a relationship that is not my own, but someone close to me who will go unnamed.

Those who live their life with an eternal chip on their shoulder will never do anything about it because that would require changing who they are. These kind of people are generally easy to spot because they are always trying to pick fights with everyone around them. If you are fortunate, you are able to just avoid them and move on with your life. If you are truly unfortunate, you wind up marrying this person only to realize what kind of a person they really are. Again, I am not naming names.

There honestly is nothing wrong with serving your fellow human being. We are all of the same species, so why not make life easier for one another while we are here. In fact, I find that it is those who spend their lives competely selfless to be the ones who are living it the most. I'm not saying you shouldn't take care of your own needs, I'm just saying that it is always better to live life for someone other than yourself. If more people did just one total random act of kindness, every single day that they live, they will have no regrets when they die.

Anyway, so there you have it. You can either take it or leave it. It's entirely up to you. I hope you guys all have a good Easter and I hope to post again real soon.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The saddest part about this whole situation is that the person who needs help to escape will never ask for it. Of course, that same person wouldn't really consider leaving because they have been convinced that leaving is not an option, after all, "god" stuck them together.

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation, and I'm even sadder to say I'm not surprised.

No one is.

In all honesty, I don't think things will ever change because there is a dependency issue. The one person believes they cannot survive without a spouse. It is very sad.

I strongly suggest you get yourself into some kind of counseling to build your strength so you can be there for this person when they need to talk.

Being anyone's support system is draining, and without some kind of help, it can suck you down into the thick of the mess and you will become just as stuck as the one you're trying to help.

I've had to do the same thing.

Writer-Savant said...

Thank you once again. I am grateful that you were able to interpret who I was speaking of. Luckily, I am not alone in wanting to help this person, so the burden will be dispersed enough to where it won't be too taxing. Plus, the person that I was refering to in the blog has started to see the light.