Sunday, May 13, 2007

Couple bits of big news:

First off, at this point right now, I'm quitting Starbucks. Today I suffered some public humiliation and I am sick and tired of not being able to trust anyone and being treated inferior. I've had it and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Second, someone I know is finally getting out of a destructive relationship. Her insignificant other treated her especially bad and even said to her (and I quote) "I know I'm being shallow, but if you lost some weight, I would be attracted to you." Yeah, to know this guy, or really just to encounter him, is to hate him. I think even the word loathsome is too good for this guy, but it's the closest I can think of. By the way, apparently, that was just the tip of the iceberg of what he said to her.

Anyway, that's about it for big news. If you think about it, both were kind of something I should have seen coming, but was blindsided by them. The first one was a total body blow that I hadn't been prepared for and the second was something that was a long time coming, but was still a huge surprise.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry about the Starbucks thing. I've been chewed out in front of customers before and it sucks. I couldn't quit though, I had a daughter to support.

Um, I don't know if the bastard reads your blog or not, but you might want to refrain from spilling too many beans at this point. If he is as bad as I have been told, you don't want anyone getting hurt.

Writer-Savant said...

Don't worry-the bastard doesn't even know I have a blog.