Monday, May 07, 2007

In this moment, I am happy. VERY happy.

It's amazing how good you feel when you get stuff that you had pent up off your chest. There is such a release in getting things off your chest and out in the open. Especially when you are telling these things to someone you care deeply about.

I've decided that from now on, it would be a lot healthier for me to, instead of keeping things inside and dwelling on them, to just say what I mean and pray for the best. Words that are left unsaid can be the ones that hurt the most of all. Even if you didn't say them for the best intentions.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about those people who are always saying "you missed a spot" or "you really blew it and that sucks". What I'm saying is that I am going to start saying things that I mean to say, but for some unknown reason, don't. I have been lucky enough to know only one person who is like the example I have given. Unfortunately, he is married to my mother, which is the sole reason why I avoid talking to her. It's a sad that I have to do it, but every time that I call her, she insists on putting him on the phone; to which a fight almost immediately breaks out. I hate him and it takes a lot to get me to hate someone.

But I digress. I realize that much of the stress that I have been experiencing has been because instead of speaking my mind like normal people do, I hold back until I wind up saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Or even just the right thing at the wrong time. I need to work on my timing like you wouldn't believe. Ask anybody.

I guess this is the reason why I have this blog. I have been nothing but honest on here and there are times when it's the only time I can get something off my chest. I will continue to do so, but I will also try to do it more in the real world as well.

All right, I'm done. My mind is once again clear and I am definitely at peace. It's been a gorgeous day today and I would even say that it got into the mid 70s. I mowed the front yard, which means that you might get another blog soon about my back. I feel it twitching already and I have already started to stretch it so I won't be in as much pain later.

Today was a very good day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Jeremy, I wonder if your mother is insisting that she put him on the phone, or if he's standing there listening to everything she says, and demands the phone.

What a mess.