Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Movie mania!



As it is summer, I have begun to watch movies again. Lots of movies. So this post will be a quick run down on all that I have seen recently (both in the theater and on DVD).



Spider-Man 3: Three and a half to four stars. By far the best of the three Spider-Man films. It has something for not only the die hard Spider-Man and comic book fans, but also those who aren't into them at all. Definitely a two thumbs up movie.



Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End: Four and a half stars. Wow, see this movie. If you see nothing else this summer, or even this year, see this movie. It seriously is that good. Do be warned though, if you haven't seen the second one (and I know people who still haven't yet), you need to see it before seeing this film. And for those of you who have seen the second but not the third, this one is by far the best out of the three.



300: Four stars. Yeah, I know, it's been out for quite a while and I saw it quite a while ago, but it's been a while since I've done any movie reviews on here. Yeah, all the rave is true and none of the gore is gratuitous (think Braveheart).



Night at the Museum: Three and a half stars. It was definitely funny and I really liked Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt.



My Date with Drew: Four and a half stars. Yeah, yeah, I can't shut up about this movie; so you might as well watch it to see why I can't stop talking about it.


The Nativity Story: Four stars. One thing that sets a movie above others in my book is how well they are shot. If the movie itself is beautiful, it will be a pleasure to watch. Some examples are Collateral, Panic Room, and American Beauty. These films, in and of themselves, are like paintings on a wall. A feast for the eyes. The Nativity Story would be another that I would hang in an art gallery. Sure, there's some things that I could nitpick and the pace is rather slow, but I highly recommend it; for it is a feast for the eyes.

Anywho, that's it for me now. If you see any movies that you think I will enjoy, feel free to drop me a comment. I will be sure to check it out. Until next time, take care.

No comments: